The Satellite Phone Subsidy has been extended to June 2013
Before buying a Pivotel satellite phone, you should verify your eligibility for a Satellite Mobile Phone Subsidy.
This is available to approved applicants who:
- Llive, work or operate a business in an area not served by the terrestrial GSM networks. (up to $1000 subsidy) OR
- Will be in an area of no GSM coverage for 180 days over a 2 year period (up to 50% of the cost of the phone up to $700)
The Government's Satellite Phone Subsidy Scheme (Scheme) is available to residents of all states and territories. Changes to the eligibility criteria of the Subsidy scheme were made in June 2006, these changes have been incorporated into the summary below.
It is important to note that the application for the Subsidy needs to be made before purchase of your Pivotel mobile satellite phone.
Enquire today to see if you are eligible and you could save up to 85%*, that's up to $1000* in savings
The Satellite Phone Subsidy Scheme at a glance
- Eligible consumers to whom the Subsidy can be provided include individuals, small businesses, community groups, not-for-profit organisations, Indigenous corporations and volunteer emergency services. The Scheme applies to terrestrial, maritime and aviation users who meet the eligibility criteria.
- You may apply for one subsidy per person or a maximum of two Subsidies per organisation or business.
- You may be eligible for a subsidy of 85% of the cost of the phone (up to max. of $1000) if you live outside of or operate a business outside of cellular coverage.
- You may be eligible for a subsidy of 50% of the cost of the phone (up to max. of $700) if you do not live or operate a business outside of cellular coverage but will spend a minimum of 120 days per year for a minimum of 2 years from the date of purchase, outside of cellular coverage.
- The Subsidy applies to purchases of a satellite mobile phone through a registered dealer. The Subsidy is paid to dealers, who deduct it from the retail price of the phone to consumers.
- Your application must be approved prior to your purchase. The Subsidy will not be paid for a satellite mobile phone purchased before your application for the Subsidy is approved.
OUR GOVERNMENT SUBSIDY APPROVED DEALER NUMBER IS: D01320